29 Palms, CA, USA
The Arora Group
Currently recruiting a Labor and Delivery Registered Nurse (RN) in Twenty-nine Palms, California, to work in the Labor & Delivery Unit at Naval Hospital 29 Palms and provide care to Active Duty heroes, their family members, and retirees. Registered Nurse (RN) – L&D shall normally provide services for 12 ½-hour shifts, seven shifts per two-week period, 84 hours per pay period. The shifts consist of 6;45am-7:15pm and 6:45pm-7:15am. The Registered Nurse (RN) – L&D shall provide services Sunday through Saturday including holidays and expect to work five of the ten holidays. In no instance will a Registered Nurse be required to provide services in excess of 84 paid hours per 2-week period.
DUTIES OF THE REGISTERED NURSE (RN) – L&D:
- Perform a full range of RN duties, including: triage; patient assessment and monitoring; appropriate nursing care, procedures, and treatments; execution of physicians’ orders; documentation of patient care and observations; and patient education and emotional support.
- Perform continuous fetal monitoring, spontaneous rupture of membrane check, labor check, prolonged monitoring, rule out pre-term labor, decreased fetal movement, and Pregnancy Induced Hypertension.
- Perform monitoring of continuous fetal monitoring, vital signs and assessment q15-60min and labor checks/cervical exams.
- Provide management of Pregnancy Induced Hypertension patients.
- Provide intravenous management (fluids, Pitocin, Magnesium Sulfate, antibiotics and insulin).
- Perform lab draws.
- Provide pain management (monitor patient status on continuous laboring epidurals, intravenous narcotics, and emotional support).
- Assist the provider with inductions (cervical ripening, artificial rupture of membranes, Pitocin).
- Perform vaginal delivery procedures (pushing, delivery, recovery).
- Assist the provider with operative vaginal delivery procedures (vacuum, forceps).
- Perform pre-op for c-sections (shave-prep, foley, intravenous bolus, emotional support).
- Perform procedures for transition of normal newborn (NRP as needed, bath, shots, assessment, breastfeeding assistance).
- Provide stabilization for transport of high-risk patients. (Magnesium Sulfate, dexamethasone, antibiotics, emotional support)
- Provide patient/family teaching.
- Support C-section deliveries as circulating nurse in the OR.
- Provide post anesthesia care for patients who have received epidural, spinal or general anesthesia.
- Operate and manipulate automated systems such as CHCS, AHLTA, ADS, Essentris, and Clinical Information System (CIS)
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE REGISTERED NURSE (RN) – L&D:
- Associates Degree of Nursing or higher
- Graduate from a college or university accredited by The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) or the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN).
- Possess a minimum of one year experience in the past three years in a Labor and Delivery Unit and have at least three years of full-time nursing experience.
- Possess and maintain Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification, if not then the Registered Nurse must complete certification within six months.
- Possess current Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification, if not then the Registered Nurse must complete certification within six months.
- Documentation of Basic Fetal Heart Monitoring training, if not then the Registered Nurse must complete certification within six months.
- Possess and maintain S.T.A.B.L.E. certification, if not then the Registered Nurse must complete certification within six months.
- Possess and maintain Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics or Emergencies in Clinical Obstetrics certification. If not then the Registered Nurse must complete certification within six months.
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a Registered Nurse in any of the 50 States, DC, or U.S. territories.
- Prior to commencing service under this contract, RN shall attend a 2-hour lecture on IV certification. Contract nurses shall then obtain certifications (e.g., IV, medications and blood administration) in accordance with clinic nursing service and command policy not later than 60 days after commencement of services, including observation of three completed IV sticks during this time.
- Provide two letters of recommendation attesting to their ability their skills in the labor & delivery unit. These letters must be written within the last two years and one must come from a supervisor.
- Must be a U.S. citizen (for access to Gov’t computer systems)
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
• Competitive pay
• 10 days paid time off per year plus 7 sick days per year
• 10 paid Federal holidays
• Health & Welfare allowance covers the cost of health insurance, long and short-term disability, and life insurance
• Dental and vision plans offered, 401(k)
ABOUT THE ARORA GROUP:
The Arora Group is an award-winning, Joint Commission-certified nationwide healthcare services company that, for over 30 years, has provided medical care for the men and women who serve our country in the U.S. Armed Forces. Our mission is to provide world-class care and give our healthcare professionals opportunities to improve their skills, learn from the best, and serve the needs of active duty service members, their families, and veterans.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability