Jacksonville, NC, USA
The Arora Group
Currently recruiting a Registered Nurse (RN) – Family Medicine Clinic (COVERAGE) at Naval Medical Center Camp Lejeune, Jacksonville, North Carolina, providing care to Active Duty military heroes, their family members, and retirees. The Registered Nurse – Family Medicine Clinic (COVERAGE) position is full-time, 40 hrs./wk., Mon – Fri. between 0745 – 2000 and 0845 – 1800 weekends and holidays. This is a coverage position, meaning that all 8-hr shifts will be covered through scheduling the primary full-time RN and backup P-T / PRN RNs (different advertised position). The RN may be assigned to Marine Corps Air Station New River Branch Medical Clinic or Branch Medical Clinic Camp Geiger.
DUTIES OF THE REGISTERED NURSE (RN) – FAMILY MEDICINE CLINIC COVERAGE:
- Perform a full range of RN duties, including: triage; patient assessment and monitoring; appropriate nursing care, procedures, and treatments; execution of physicians’ orders; documentation of patient care and observations; and patient education and emotional support.
- Perform physical exam and health histories.
- Coordinate patient care in collaboration with a wide array of healthcare professionals.
- Provide health promotions, counseling, and education.
- Administer medications, wound care, and numerous other personalized interventions.
- Make referral appointments and arrange specialty care as appropriate.
- Recognize adverse signs and symptoms and quickly react in emergency situations..
- Operate and manipulate automated systems such as CHCS, AHLTA, CarePoint and Secure Messaging
- Communicate with patients utilizing asynchronous Secure Messaging (i.e., RelayHealth) to improve communication and facilitate care through non-traditional means.
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE REGISTERED NURSE (RN) – FAMILY MEDICINE CLINIC COVERAGE:
- Associates Degree of Nursing or higher
- Graduate from a college or university accredited by National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC), or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). In lieu of graduation from an NLNAC or CCNE accredited program, the nurse may be a graduate of a State Board of Nursing or accredited nursing educational program.
- Possess a minimum of 1 year of full-time clinical experience within the last 2 years as a Registered Nurse..
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a Registered Nurse in any of the 50 States, DC, or U.S. territories.
- Must be a U.S. citizen (for access to Gov’t computer systems)
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
• Competitive pay
• 10 days paid time off per year plus 7 sick days per year
• 10 paid Federal holidays
• Health & Welfare allowance covers the cost of health insurance, long and short-term disability, and life insurance
• Dental and vision plans offered, 401(k)
For more information contact Terrence Gonzalez at [email protected]. Please include a current resume/CV with your correspondence.