Bedford, MA, USA
Matrix Providers, Inc.
We are hiring for a qualified civilian Registered Nurse Case Manager (RNCM) to join our team of talented professionals who provide health care services to our veterans and their families at Hanscom Air Force Base in Bedford, Massachusetts.
• Status: Full-Time
• Schedule: Monday through Friday, between the hours of 6:30am and 5:30pm
• Competitive financial package with a comprehensive insurance package including health, dental, vision, and life coverage
• Accrued Paid Time Off (PTO) & Paid Holidays
• 401(k) Plan
The Registered Nurse Case Manager must have the following qualifications:
• Degree/Education: Shall be a graduate from a baccalaureate degree program in nursing accredited by National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC), or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), may consider a graduate from an associate degree program with 5 years full-time specific case management or discharge planning experience
• Maintain Continuing Education as required by their State Board of Nursing
• Certifications: Basic Life Support
• Certified Case Manager by Commission for Case Management (CCM) or must possess one of the following certifications: Commission for Case Manager Certification Certified Case Manager (CCM) Certification of Disability Management Specialists Commission: Certified Disability Management Specialist (CDMS) Association of Rehabilitation Nurses: Certified Rehabilitation Registered Nurse (CRRN) American Board for Occupational Health Nurses Certified Occupational Health Nurse (COHN) or Certified Occupational Health Nurse-Specialist (COHN-S). National Board for Certification in Continuity of Care: Advanced Certification in Continuity of Care (ACCC) Commission on Rehabilitation Counselor Certification: Certified Rehabilitation Counselor (CRC) American Nurses Credentialing Center Nurse Case Manager (RN-NCM) National Academy of Certified Care Managers: Care Manager Certified (CMC)
• Licensure/Registration: Maintain current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a Registered Nurse in any U.S. jurisdiction, licensed in good standing and cannot be under investigation nor have any adverse action pending from a Nursing State Board or national licensing/certification agency, licensing status must be unrestricted
• Experience: Six years of clinical nursing experience is required with 2 years of previous experience in case management or discharge planning, a minimum of 5 years’ experience in case management or discharge planning is required for consideration of a candidate with an Associate Degree in Nursing
• Full time employment in a nursing field within the last 36 months is mandatory
• Must have the knowledge and skills to effectively apply the following core case management functions:
• a) Assessment: Identification of patients for case management; comprehensive collection of patient information and medical status; and continued evaluation of an established plan of care
• b) Planning: Collaboration with the patient, family/caregiver, primary provider and other members of the health care team for developing an effective plan of care
• c) Facilitation: Care coordination and communication among all involved parties
• d) Advocacy: Support for the patient and family/caregivers to ensure identified education and appropriate, timely care is received
• Must be knowledgeable in medical privacy and confidentiality (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act [HIPAA]); accreditation standards of Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC) and The Joint Commission (TJC); and computer applications/software to include Microsoft Office programs, MS Outlook (e-mail), and internet familiarity is required
• Must be skillful and tactful in communicating with people who may be physically or mentally ill, uncooperative, fearful, emotionally distraught, and occasionally dangerous
• Must possess organization, problem-solving and communication skills to articulate medical requirements to patients, families/care givers, medical and non-medical staff in a professional and courteous way
• Due to contractual obligations with the DoD, Health Care Workers performing under this contract must either be a U.S. citizen, or as defined by the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, either a noncitizen national of the United State, lawful permanent resident of the United States, or alien authorized to work in the United States
You will love being part of the Matrix family of Providers whose focus since day one has been selflessly giving back to our hard-working and devoted military servicemen and women. Matrix Providers has always been a proud veteran-owned company and military family supporter and is a staunch ally of our active-duty and veteran service providers.
Matrix Providers is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.