Travis AFB, Fairfield, CA, USA
The Arora Group
Currently recruiting a Physical Therapist to work at David Grant Medical Center, Travis AFB, California. The Physical Therapist will provide rehabilitative services to our nation’s Active Duty service members, their families, and retirees. The Physical Therapist position is full-time, Sun – Sat, 8-hour days not to exceed 40 hours per week, between the hours of 7:30AM – 4:30PM. Full benefits, including 17 days did vacation/sick leave and 10 paid Federal holidays.
DUTIES OF THE PHYSICAL THERAPIST:
• Perform a full range of physical therapy services in accordance with the scope of the clinical privileges granted by David Grant Medical Center.
• Provide appropriate therapeutic procedures and provide a full range of therapy services in support of patient referrals.
• All patient contact and care shall be safe, timely, result in achievement of realistic and documented treatment goals, and comply with or satisfy the intent of the referral medical staff.
• Test to measure the patient strength, motor development, sensory perception, functional capacity, and/or respiratory and circulatory efficiency. Record findings to develop or revise treatment programs.
• Administer treatments involving application of physical agents, using equipment such as pulsed lavage unit and/or whirlpool bath, moist packs, ultraviolet and infrared lamps, and ultrasound machines. Evaluate the effects of treatment at various stages and adjust treatments to achieve maximum benefit.
• Administer soft tissue mobilization, applying knowledge of mobilization techniques and body physiology.
• Instruct patient and family in treatment procedures to be continued at home.
• Evaluate, fit, and adjust prosthetic and orthotic devices and recommend modification is required.
• Provide documented treatment and discharge recommendations to members of the staff in routine, emergency, and special cases as needed.
• Provide input and attend rehabilitation team meetings, seminars and quality assurance meetings.
• Participate in peer review activities.
• Provide clinical supervision to assistance, technicians, aides, and students.
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE PHYSICAL THERAPIST:
• Doctoral degree required; will consider applicants with a Master’s (or Bachelor’s) degree in physical therapy on a case-by-case basis. Doctoral Degree in Physical Therapy from a physical therapy program acceptable to the USAF Surgeon General and accredited by the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education.
• Graduate from a college or university approved by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE).
• Certification in Basic Life Support (BLS)
• At least 24 months of experience within the past 36 months as a physical therapist.
• Current, unrestricted license to practice physical therapy in any of the 50 states, the District of Columbia, or U.S. territories.
• U.S. Citizen (required for access to Government computer systems)
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS FOR THE PHYSICAL THERAPIST (PT):
• Competitive pay
• 10 days paid time off per year plus 7 sick days per year
• 10 paid Federal holidays
• Health & Welfare allowance covers the cost of health insurance, long and short-term disability, and life insurance
• Dental and vision plans offered, 401(k)
ABOUT THE ARORA GROUP:
The Arora Group is an award-winning, Joint Commission-certified nationwide healthcare services company that, for almost 30 years, has provided medical care for the men and women who serve our country in the U.S. Armed Forces. Our mission is to provide world-class care and give our healthcare professionals opportunities to improve their skills, learn from the best, and serve the needs of active duty service members, their families, and veterans.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability