Minneapolis, MN, USA
Blackbird Personnel, LLC
Part-Time Nurse Position Summary
This position is responsible for the coordination of client health care needs within behavioral health assisted living and providing expert consultation and guidance to staff regarding medication administration and health issues for people living with mental illness. This position will require a varied schedule.
Nurse Essential Job Functions
- Keep current on developments in medications and health care related to mental illness.
- Ensure medications are handled according to licensing standards and statute requirements.
- Provide crisis intervention services for clients and support the crisis intervention work of others.
- Provide services individually and in groups as programming requires.
- Utilize formal and informal structures within the organization and in the field to achieve goals.
Program Team Member
- Develop and demonstrate a set standard of personal expectations for excellence.
- Demonstrate the ability to build relationships and work cooperatively with others.
- Provide consultation, guidance, and instruction to staff regarding.
- Participate in team meetings and processes for communication concerning clients and facility.
- Follow established program and agency protocols, policies, and procedures.
- Utilize best practices in facilitation, conflict resolution, and meeting management.
- Participate in creating an overall positive community atmosphere with other staff and clients.
- Be available for emergency coverage on short notice, if necessary.
- Complete required trainings, both upon hire and annually.
Nurse Education and Experience
- Unencumbered Registered Nurse or LPN license in the state of Minnesota.
- An associate’s degree in one of the behavioral sciences is preferred.
- Experience working with adults with a serious and persistent mental illness preferred.
- Experience or knowledge of chemical dependency issues for adults with mental illness preferred.
Nurse Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Intervene appropriately in crisis prevention and de-escalation when necessary.
- Demonstrated ethics, sound professional practice, and social accountability.
- Act confidently within one’s role and own abilities.
- Speak and write in a clear, logical, and grammatical manner in formal and informal situations.
- Ability to be flexible in meeting scheduling needs.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of client information and appropriate boundaries.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite and EMR’s.