Fort Pierce, FL, USA
Healthcare Employment Partners
Medical Technologist opportunity in the Eastern shores of FL, near Melbourne.
- Offering Relocation Assistance
- Full time, day shift
The Medical Technologist II is responsible for professional work in the performance of a variety of bench procedures in medical technological area(s) with a significant amount of time being spent in the performance of the more complex procedures within the assigned work area, or as a lead worker within the assigned work area.
Tests are performed to aid in the diagnosis of disease and treatment of patients. Employees at this level spend the remainder of the time performing at the medical laboratory technologist I level.
The Medical Technologist II is responsible for complex and routine laboratory work along with any special assignments delegated by the supervisor or director. She/he will perform preventive maintenance, keep work area clean, train new associates and students, provide professional guidance to lower level professionals, perform and monitor quality, and assist in the evaluation of new methods. Work is supervised by a laboratory supervisor.
Requirements of the Medical Technologist
- Bachelor’s Degree in clinical laboratory, chemical, or biological science(s).
- Certified as a MT (or higher) by ASCP, NCA, AMT, AAB or an equivalent certifying agency.
- Florida temporary license or regular license as a Medical Technologist Generalist, or in at least the three specialty areas of clinical chemistry, hematology and immune-hematology required.
- Depending on shift/section, the specialties of microbiology and serology may also be required.
- Two (2) years’ experience preferred.
An elegant city located along Florida’s Atlantic Coast, this beach town is a haven for golf, water sports and fishing. Peaceful beaches, museums, nature tours and a range of hotels make this town a terrific vacation destination and an important part of the region known as the Treasure Coast.