Vandenberg Air Force Base, CA, USA
The Arora Group
Currently recruiting a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) to work in the Primary Care Clinic at Vandenberg Air Force Base, near Lompoc, California, to provide care to our nation’s Active Duty military heroes and their family members. The Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) is a full-time position, working 8 hr shifts Mon – Fri between 7AM – 5PM.
DUTIES OF THE LICENSED CLINICAL SOCIAL WORKER (LCSW):
- Working independently, provide focused evidence-based assessment and intervention (primarily cognitive, behavioral, motivational, and acceptance-based approaches) in primary care. The practice will be in primary care under the Primary Care Behavioral Health (PCBH) model of service delivery. The range of problems will include depressions, anxiety, substance misuse, stress, insomnia, pain, obesity, diabetes, tobacco use and behaviors impacting health. Eight to 14 appointments per day ranging between 15 and 30 minutes each.
- Successfully complete the two phases of DHA BHC training and evaluation within 90-180 days of employment.
- Use computer software applications for drafting documents, data management, and tracking.
- Provide classes in format appropriate for primary care (such a s stress management, sleep enhancement, and chronic pain classes).
- Must possess organizational, problem-solving, and communication skills to articulate medical recommendations to patients, families, medical and non-medical staff in a professional and courteous manner.
- Supervise providers in training or not fully licensed
- Participate in team efforts to develop, implement, evaluate, and revise clinical pathway programs needed in the clinic.
- Participate in approved research and quality improvement projects relating to primary care behavioral health services.
- Provide brief presentations/trainings to primary care team members regarding behavioral health issues and how they can provide stepped-care services on a range of patient problems.
- Ensure PCM’s receive same-day verbal and/or written feedback on patients seen each day.
- The candidate will be required after starting to travel to Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in Bethesda, MD for training of five days in the Behavioral Health Optimization Program.
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE LICENSED CLINICAL SOCIAL WORKER (LCSW):
- Degree: Master’s degree in Social Work (MSW).
- Education: Graduate from a School of Social Work fully accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE).
- Maintain a current, unrestricted clinical license to practice social work in any one of the 50 states, the District of Columbia, or U.S. territories. A clinical social work license is defined as a license that allows the Social Worker to practice independently without clinical supervision.
- Have a minimum of one (1) year of experience in the independent practice of clinical social work in a mental health setting. The optimal candidate will have 12 months within the last 24 months of experience using population health approaches to healthcare and proficiency in using motivational interviewing.
- Have and maintain BLS.
- Must be a U.S. citizen (for access to Gov’t computer systems)
ABOUT THE ARORA GROUP: The Arora Group is an award-winning, Joint Commission-certified nationwide healthcare services company that, for almost 30 years, has provided medical care for the men and women who serve our country in the U.S. Armed Forces. Our mission is to provide world-class care and give our healthcare professionals opportunities to improve their skills, learn from the best, and serve the needs of active duty service members, their families, and veterans.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability