Fort Pierce, FL, USA
Healthcare Employment Partners
Blood Bank Supervisor opportunity in the Eastern shores of FL, near Melbourne.
- Offering Relocation Assistance
Responsible for the supervision of all aspects of the blood bank and serology sections of the laboratory. The Supervisor is responsible for assuring the proper performance of all routine procedures in the assigned sections.
The Supervisor must be familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures. The job includes, but is not limited to, planning daily work, scheduling, writing procedures, review of quality control and quality assurance, compliance with regulatory standards, and evaluation of assigned staff.
The Supervisor normally performs the duties of a technologist in his/her areas of responsibility, as workload requires. The Blood Bank Supervisor will be supportive of hospital and laboratory administration
Requirements of the Blood Bank Supervisor
- Associate’s Degree required; Baccalaureate Degree preferred.
- Florida temporary license or regular license as Laboratory Supervisor or eligible in four (4) areas, immunohematology and serology required.
- Certification by ASCP, NCA, AMT, AAB, or an equivalent certifying agency preferred. SBB certification strongly preferred.
- Must obtain the required number of continuing education credits deemed necessary by the State of Florida for professional license renewal.
- Minimum of five (5) years in a clinical hospital supervisory capacity preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years in blood bank supervisory experience preferred.
- Minimum of six (6) years of general technical laboratory experience.
An elegant city located along Florida’s Atlantic Coast, this beach town is a haven for golf, water sports and fishing. Peaceful beaches, museums, nature tours and a range of hotels make this town a terrific vacation destination and an important part of the region known as the Treasure Coast.